Carbon Fiber Bows are usually considered an upgrade from Fiberglass Bows because the carbon fiber material can be manufactured to perform more like a wooden stick. (The wooden bow has both flexibility and strength down the length of the stick.) We can better control where flexibility is needed --along the curve of the stick- using the components that make Carbon Fiber. Balance, too, can be better controlled by altering the weight of the material along the length of the stick, especially near the tip.
These Entry Level Lemur Sunrise Carbon Fiber Bass Bows use good quality, well-fitted ebony frogs, Mongolian horsehair, and exhibit carefully executed moldings of the stick. Silk thread windings and nickel silver mountings complete the bows. We offer them in three sizes from 1/4 to 4/4.
- Stick: Black matte finish carbon fiber.
- Winding: Nickel silver wire with black thread under clear vinyl wrapper.
- Frog: French Style, Ebony with Parisiene eye, abalone dot, slide, fully lined.
- Button: French Model, Divided ebony barrel button, abalone end dot.
- Comment: A good entry level carbon fiber bow for the student, or for a mostly pizzicato player who wants carbon fiber durability with a fair amount of control. The fittings of frog, button, stick, and hair are especially nice on these bows.