Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to Lemur Music, Everything for the Double Bass
Here you will learn:
To Create and Register your Account with a Password; How to Place an Order; About Payment, Shipping, Taxes, Returns, Damaged Parcels, Back-order policy, Bass shipping methods, Bow Trial Policy, Lemur's Famous 12-hour Setup, Guarantee and Warranty Policy, Photo and Display Considerations.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
CREATE & REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT WITH A PASSWORD to the webstore. This makes downloading your orders more accurate over time. It greatly reduces our costs, which we can pass on to you in the form of lower prices. Think about it...less duplication, less chance of shipping errors, less time to process your order. We all benefit.
Please Register Your Account.
|PLACING AN ORDER: |
Toll-free service from the US & CAN: 800-246-BASS (2277).
Worldwide Telephone: 949-493-8323
Worldwide 24 hour FAX line: 949- 493-8565
Shop online: www.lemurmusic.com (But you knew that!)
LEMUR MUSIC BILLING ADDRESS:
PO Box 1137
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92693 USA
LEMUR MUSIC SHIPPING ADDRESS:
32240 Paseo Adelanto, Suite A
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 USA
PAYMENT: We're confident that you will find MasterCard, VISA, American Express, or Discover to be the most convenient way to pay for your order. We also accept school & military purchase orders.
|SALES TAX WITHIN THE US: Orders shipped to an address outside the State of California are not liable for Sales Tax. Order shipped to addresses within the State of California are liable for sales tax which are computed for the county or city destination, so your tax rate can vary; we use the most up-to-date software to download State and Local Sales Tax Rates. |
SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL US:
We ship domestic orders via Priority Mail or FedEx Ground. Delivery time is usually 5-7 days, weather permitting.
DUE TO SIZE OR WEIGHT, SOME ITEMS HAVE SPECIFIC SHIPPING CHARGES associated with them. Charges will be added when you proceed to 'Checkout.' Shipping charges are always quoted when you place an order by Telephone.
FOR FASTER DELIVERY WITHIN THE USA: Next-day, Second-day, and 3-day delivery services are all offered by FedEx within the Continental US. Saturday Delivery is Available in Some Delivery Destinations. Charges vary depending upon size, weight and destination. Please inquire.
SHIPPING OUTSIDE THE CONTIGUOUS US:
Shipping charges outside the lower 48 states must be quoted. Postal service is generally preferred for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS FROM OUTSIDE THE US MUST BE PREPAID with credit card, Postal Money Order, or Wire Transfer in U.S. Dollars. Please contact Lemur Music for Wire Transfer Instructions. Minimum purchase for wire transfer is $500.
DUTIES & TAXES: All import duties, customs levies and taxes are the sole responsibility of the customer and will be collected separately in the destination country.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS ARE SHIPPED via US Postal Airmail, Express Mail International, or FedEx. We have greatly simplified international shipping methods but charges still vary depending upon the destination country, weight and value of the parcel.
Upon request, we can prepare a pro-forma invoice including the shipping charges prior to shipment. Please Note: Insurance may not available to some countries. When insurance is not available, shipments are made at the customer's risk. ALL IMPORT DUTIES, CUSTOMS LEVIES AND TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER AND WILL BE COLLECTED SEPARATELY IN THE DESTINATION COUNTRY.
RETURNS POLICY: We want you to be satisfied with the products and the service you receive when you place an order with Lemur Music. So please let us know if you have a problem. You may return most items within seven (7) days of receipt if you call us beforehand to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA.) Refunds will be made upon receipt of unmarred and unused items.
REFUNDS ARE MADE BY THE SAME METHOD AS THE ORIGINAL PAYMENT, LESS SHIPPING CHARGES. For your own protection, we encourage you to insure all return shipments. Please return merchandise to our street address shown on your invoice:
32240 Paseo Adelanto
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
RETURN EXCEPTIONS: We try to be fair at all times. We want you to be satisfied with the products you receive from Lemur Music. That being said, there are a few general exceptions to returns. When in doubt, call for clarity. 800-246-2277 or email: email@example.com.
- Electronics are NON-RETURNABLE once used or installed. In case of defect, most electronics are covered by the manufacturer's warranty. We will offer any assistance we can, but it most often happens that when you have a warranty issue: refer to your Owner's Manual or Warranty Registration Card and Call the manufacturer to get technical assistance or replacements.
- Strings are NON-RETURNABLE once installed. If you need help choosing the right string, call Lemur. Our Customer Service Reps are knowledgeable & will gladly assist you. Tip: Install one string from a set by choosing the one string that is most indicative of your preference. If you hate it, then you can return the other strings which have not been installed.
- Due to Copyright Laws most Books, Sheet Music, CD's, DVD's and other copyrighted materials are NON-RETURNABLE. If you have ordered in error please call Customer Service immediately. We understand! Those pesky key signatures can get out of control fast!
DAMAGED GOODS and PARCELS: Keep all the packing materials and contact Lemur Music immediately. Most packages are shipped with insurance. In case of shipping damage: CALL LEMUR FIRST! So you do not inadvertently void your insurance. This is critical for Bows and Instruments which have very particular Rules of Insurance Coverage. Please allow us to handle all insurance claims. Failure to do so can void your insurance coverage. Questions, call 800-246-2277 or 949-493-8323.
SHIPPING TIMES: We pick'n'pack all day long so most in-stock orders Ship Same Day as Received. Yeah! Orders received by 2-3pm can frequently ship that same day, due to the superior efforts of Busy Little Warehouse Lemurs.
RUSH ORDERS are no problem if you let us know your deadline to receive your order. Call 800-246-2277 or email to let us know your wishes. Online Rush Orders? Please use the ORDER INSTRUCTIONS BLOCK. We really WILL work hard to support your gig or your lesson.
AVAILABILTY OF STOCK & BACK ORDERS
STOCK AVAILABILTY is shown on each individual web-store Product Listing. Please use the "Check Availability Button" if your product appears to be out of stock. Expected Delivery dates are available for many products when you 'click thru.'
UPDATED STOCK INFORMATION: We Update the Store and Download Orders many times each day to provide the most current stock information on Goods Received as well as Goods Sold. Occasionally, you will place an order online with your item showing In Stock Status, but when we Download Orders, your item changes to Back-ordered Status. We try to avoid this situation by frequently Refreshing Store Stock - but occasionally the timing is off and it just does not work perfectly. If this awkward & confusing situation occurs please call 800-246-2277 and we will attempt to re-balance your order in real-time.
WE RECEIVE STRINGS WEEKLY, so we're seldom out of stock on strings for more than a few days. Ask your Customer Service Rep to arrange delivery if you're on a tight deadline (like a killer gig!)
BACK ORDERED ITEMS: If your order has a backordered item, the whole order will automatically be held for a single shipment. Unless… YOU WISH YOUR IN-STOCK MERCHANDISE TO SHIP AHEAD please ask us to Ship Ahead. We are equally happy to hold & service your backorder or to ship ahead; just let us know your preference.
UNFORTUNATELY we must charge to ship back orders in some cases. Back-order shipping charges will always be kept as low as we possibly can make them. Sorry…
BACKORDER TIMING: In most cases, backorders fill within 30 days. After 30 days, ALL IN-STOCK MERCHANDISE will be shipped. Please be advised that this includes individual strings, which may be part of a "custom set." Unless you have made a prior arrangement, backorders will cancel 60 days after the order date. Credit cards are never charged until your merchandise is ready to ship.
|BOW TRIALS ARE FAST & EASY TO ARRANGE. Here's how: |
- Discuss your specifications and requirements for the new bow with Lemur's Trained Bow Specialists. We play our Bow Stock, know many teacher's Bow Preferences nationwide, and have arranged hundreds of Bow Trials over the years, so helping you choose just the right bows for trial is our specialty.
- Your Bow Trial will be shipped in a re-usable, FedEx approved container to arrive for your next lesson, studio session, or meeting with your colleagues. In-Home, In-Studio Bow Trial is the best way to try new bows on your bass.
- We take a Pre-Authorization on your Credit Card to guarantee/insure the bow trial.
- You will have 7 days to try the bows. When you've made your choice, give us a call and we will arrange any return shipping and the final payment.
BASS SHIPMENTS ARE MADE WEEKLY. Here's What to Expect:
- Experience is the best teacher. We use Lemur Designed shipping cartons, Damage Sensors, careful crating, and a reputable carrier to optimize safe shipping by truck.
- We can arrange a door-to-door shipment, or a door-to-terminal shipment if that is more convenient for your location.
- We usually ship on Monday for nationwide delivery in the same week. Please discuss delivery deadlines with your Lemur Customer Service Rep.
- Most instruments are shipped with a very limited amount of insurance that is almost impossible to collect in case of shipping damage. If your bass arrives damaged: call Lemur first so you do not inadvertently void your insurance. This is critical for Bows and Instruments which have very particular Rules of Insurance Coverage. Please allow us to handle all insurance claims. Failure to do so can void your insurance coverage. Questions, call 800-246-2277 or 949-493-8323.
LEMUR MUSIC'S FAMOUS INTRUMENT SETUP
We pioneered the 12 hour setup. Years ago we learned that the industry standard (MENC) was completely inadequate to meet our customer's expectations. These are Lemur's Customer Driven, Pro-Setup Standards:
- The fingerboard is reshaped for easy bowing and no buzzes. The ebony is then polished to a scratch-free shine.
- The camber is adjusted according to the type of strings and intended play, arco, jazz, bluegrass, rockabilly, or hybrid.
- The nut is fitted to the neck and strings, then refined and polished for the lowest action and the best appearance.
- A new European bridge is fitted. Our painstaking work ensures that the feet fit the top without spaces, the bridge is crowned and thinned according to the musician's needs, height adjusters are professionally installed if desired, and the bridge is smoothed and rounded to become a work of art, worthy of a violin family instrument.
- A top-quality sound post is carefully fitted inside the instrument so that it just kisses the top and back without careless gaps, and positioned to best balance the timbre of each bass.
- The endpin is replaced with a genuine Onyx Musical Products ebony endpin plug that eliminates irritating rattles, a 10mm adjustable height stainless steel rod equipped with a sharp point, and a heavy-duty threaded rubber tip.
- The tailpiece is affixed to the bass with a flexible stranded stainless steel cable that won't break and allows the tailpiece to fully participate in the production of tone.
- The strings are neatly installed, avoiding damaging and dangerous loose ends.
- A shipping carton is specially made for each instrument so it can be safely shipped with the bridge and strings in place.
PHOTO AND SETUP CONSIDERATIONS
It is our intention to setup each instrument according to the wishes of the buyer. We offer a wide range of string choices and we customize for action height, bridge adjusters, and other features. Because each instrument is made of wood and finished by hand, the wood color, finish, grain, knots and other characteristics can vary from the picture. In order to achieve the best fit, parts selected for each bass may also vary. We use high quality, durable parts on all our bass setups - however the exact style, ornamentation, and appearance may vary. For example, the exact style, ornamentation, and appearance of tuning machines may vary from the picture. The same is true for the bridge, tailpiece and sound post. Thank you for your flexibility.
GUARANTEES, WARRANTY POLICIES
We want to earn your respect by paying careful attention to warrantee issues. So please let us know if you have a problem. That being said, there are three types of warrantee situations:
1. LEMUR WILL HANDLE YOUR PROBLEM...... More and more of the products we carry are manufactured Exclusively by Lemur or ONYX Musical Products such as wheels, bibs, quivers, repair and replacement parts, the OM12 Speaker Cabinet, Zimmerman Publications, Sunrise Basses & Bows, Lemur Gig Bags, Bow Cases,Music, Books, Printed Material, Recordings, Media, Gig Bags and Covers (that's alotta Stuff).
2. THE MANUFACTURER WILL HANDLE YOUR PROBLEM..... Lemur Music is an Authorized Dealer for the Manufacturers we represent. We urge you to register the products you receive so you may benefit from technical assistance, possible re-call notification, factory repair and/or replacement.
- Contact the Manufacturer First Specifically for:
Electronics and Gear - Speakers, Amps, Combos, Tuners, D'Addario Planet Waves products
Strings - D'Addario Helicore, LaBella, Thomastik
Accessories - Mooradian Gig Bags
3. NO ONE WILL WARRANTY YOUR PROBLEM......
...Because the item isn't breakable...like a bow quiver, or a dampit or...If you leave your bow, bass, rosin, etc. in the sun, by the heater, or in the car, or ...If you leave your bass on the front porch to freeze, or move to the desert, or drop it overboard... or if you knock the scroll off going thru a doorway … well, you get the idea.
PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.